Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Week Four

It's my last week!  That was basically my motto for the final week of my life experiment.  It's probably bad (or at least contradictory) to say this after my most recent post on health issues, but I couldn't wait to eat ice cream, and chocolate, and CHEESE!  (My goodness, I missed cheese.)  But the light at the end of the tunnel was enough to make the week fly by.


After my second week I had decided to implement two cheat days (one for each of the remaining weeks).  I didn't talk about them in my last post, so I'll address how they went now.  Even though this is my experiment, and I got to make up all the rules, I couldn't help but feel like I was...cheating on my cheat days.  It sounds stupid and obvious to say I felt like I was cheating, but when my friends and I ordered pizza to eat while watching the Frozen Four Championship I felt pretty guilty eating a slice.  And even though I like pizza, I think it tastes better in my mind when I can't have it than it actually tastes in real life.  On my other cheat day, the one from this week, I had an omelette for breakfast.  I used to be able to eat the entire omelette plus a side of fruit, however, after only eating half of my omelette I was full.  And I was still full five hours later when I would normally eat lunch.  The cheat days gave me a nice break from my repetitive meals, but going back to the rules of veganism was very difficult after a taste of "normal" food.


I did move away from spinach sandwiches and this week.  I was happy to find black beans on the far side of the salad bar (were those always there?), so I had a lot of salad loaded up with black beans, corn, red peppers, and of course spinach leaves along with the lettuce.  Of course ranch contains milk products, so my salads are topped with either french or italian dressing.  Along with my salads I also had sweet potatoes or baked potatoes (depending on what the dining center was serving).  And usually when I didn't have a salad I had pasta instead because now the nutrition card dining center's marinara says that there is no milk in it.  

All in all, this week was a good week.  Time flew by, and my meals were actually pretty darn good.  But now I am done with this experiment (good bye veganism), and I can say hello to dairy products again!



No comments:

Post a Comment